Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wynne Slate mine-Info required

Wynne Slate mine-Info required 9 months 2 weeks ago #30337

• mark
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi. can you still get into here without much of an issue. If so, some clear instructions and grid ref on how to get there would be appreciated and how best to enter. Heading over sunday
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Wynne Slate mine-Info required 9 months 2 weeks ago #30338

Mark, just done a quick Google and a visit to Adit Now. Wynne Slate Mine is located at Latitude: 52.9325
Longitude: -3.19313, OS grid reference: SJ199379 just to the west of Glyn Ceiriog south of Llangollen.
Looking at the photos on Adit Now it appears that the mine is not gated but the photos were taken in 2011.
More info available at: www.aditnow.co.uk/mines/Wynne-Slate-Mine/

It is worthwhile registering with Adit Now as it contains a wealth of information.

Is this going to be a UCET trip or is it a private trip? I am up for a Sunday trip as I normally have to work Thursday nights.

Greg.

Wynne Slate mine-Info required 9 months 2 weeks ago #30339

• mark
Thanks for the reply, strange when I tried adit now it was down this morning. Looks like its working fine now. I heard the houses had been sold in last few years near the entrance and wondered if that had caused any issues. No its not a UCET trip, just me and mate. Going into Cambrian first off, Wynne was a 2nd plan, so no idea what time that would be, your more than welcome to join us for Cambrian. I can give you a time later in the week.

Wynne Slate mine-Info required 9 months 2 weeks ago #30340

• Ant89
  • Thank you received: 186
Sorry, as far as I am aware the landowner continues to refuse to permit access to Wynne slate mine. There is a public footpath running right past the mine so there is nothing stopping you from walking past the mine. The mine was gated when I last walked past a few months back

This is obviously a private trip as I do not believe Mark to be a paid up member of UCET.

Explorers can go to Cambrian slate mine without any issue which is just up the road from, and bigger than Wynne mine.

We have a club trip to Cambrian on Sunday, Time TBC, but aiming to meet between 10 and 11 am.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gingerlycolors

Wynne Slate mine-Info required 9 months 2 weeks ago #30341

• mark
HI Ant89, cheers for that info, just what I was after, no point wasting time and / or annoying land owners, plenty of other places to go.

Wynne Slate mine-Info required 9 months 2 weeks ago #30342

• Ant89
Ok here is the score, the landowner I referred to passed away about a year ago. Current state of play is unknown. We must assume access remains off limits but that may have changed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mark

Wynne Slate mine-Info required 9 months 2 weeks ago #30346

Thanks Ant, I would like to come along to Cambrian on Sunday. Hope to see you then, Greg.

Wynne Slate mine-Info required 9 months 2 weeks ago #30391

• mark
The two main entrances to Wynne have building type fencing up, However, none of it is fixed in a way that means its totally blocked off. It would be possible just to step through the side of the fencing without causing any damage. Also the other small entrances / exits have no fencing and there are no signs to say keep out etc. For info only.

Wynne Slate mine-Info required 9 months 2 weeks ago #30392

I am still interested in a trip into Cambrian Mine this Sunday. I will be able to make it to the Quarry Road just west of Glyn Ceiriog for 10am Sunday. I have got the directions for the layby a mile west of Glyn Ceiriog.

Greg.

Wynne Slate mine-Info required 9 months 2 weeks ago #30396

• mark
HI Greg

I will not be going there on Sunday as have to work, so visited yesterday.

Wynne Slate mine-Info required 9 months 2 weeks ago #30397

• Ant89
Please remember this is an open forum and details of historically sensative sites are best not discussed here.

Wynne Slate mine-Info required 9 months 1 week ago #30421

• mark
HI Ant, sorry, did not realise it was that sensitive ( this is meant as a honest comment ) message understood for future.

Wynne Slate mine-Info required 9 months 1 week ago #30424

Saw Ant today, asked him about sensitive sites. If a mine is not listed in the A-Z of Knowledge Bank Sites (Public) then it is a good idea not to discuss it on the open forum. Some mines are on private land and some may be SSSI's.

Wynne Slate mine-Info required 9 months 1 week ago #30425

• Ant89
gingerlycolors wrote:
Saw Ant today, asked him about sensitive sites. If a mine is not listed in the A-Z of Knowledge Bank Sites (Public) then it is a good idea not to discuss it on the open forum. Some mines are on private land and some may be SSSI's.

a lot of mines on private land and land which may be designated are included in the public knowledge bank, The key importance is that the landowner does not mind visitors. As far as we know.
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Ant89.
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds