Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 35mm SLR

35mm SLR 4 years 6 months ago #17571

• Iestyn999
  • Polyprop Bob
  • Thank you received: 59
I've just bought this lot off a bloke at work for £55. Not sure if I've had a bargain or been robbed :unsure:

Does anyone else use film, and is it any good underground?
oh, what fresh hell is this?
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Iestyn999.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

35mm SLR 4 years 6 months ago #17572

• NewStuff
  • Yeah, not liking that...
  • Thank you received: 43
I think it's a Pentax-K fit, so although You can adapt the lenses for NEX and Micro 4/3rds, and they'll work on Modern Pentax DSLR's as is, the lenses are nothing special (Although it's hard to fuck up a 135). £55 is a little steep, but assuming no stick apertures or fungus, it's not a wallet raping. If you find you like shooting on film, I have spare PK lenses You can borrow.

I do use film , a weighty EOS1 with "power grip" (www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/eos/EOS-1/), sometimes underground, but practice before you drag it underground. Light painting is hard if You can't see the results immediately, and decent film and processing are not cheap.
You want me to go down *there*? On a bloody *rope*?
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by NewStuff.

35mm SLR 4 years 6 months ago #17573

• Mad-Dan
  • Awesome
  • Thank you received: 161
I have film cameras but i dont use them, the prints are even more usless than a digital file. all you can do is look at them or show them people, and they look shite when scanned.

35mm SLR 4 years 6 months ago #17575

• timwatts
  • Thank you received: 334
I've got an old canon AE-1 film camera - but yer, digi is just so much more convinient. That said i am going to buy some film and use it for odd snaps. Wouldn't lug it out anywhere specifically to get pictures though - as ali says, digi gives you the ability to review as you go along and as dan says - digi gives you so much more scope with what you can do with the image (or more likely what you will do with the image).

I'd say thats fair enough price wise. As a comparison a AE1 typically gets shifted with a 35mm prime for about £60 i think (i got given mine along with a couple of lens).

As i'm a nikon man, i just tend to use the two old canon lens with reversing rings to play about with macro stuff.
-
Tim Watts

35mm SLR 4 years 6 months ago #17577

• Iestyn999
  • Polyprop Bob
  • Thank you received: 59
Thanks guys. I'll buy some film and give it a go. Damn thing will probably be on ebay by then end of next week :lol:
oh, what fresh hell is this?
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds