Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall ....

Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 6 months ago #2972

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 1441
I have just been advised that the BBC programme "All Roads Lead Home" (19th Oct 2011) DID include Cwmorthin :silly:

If you didn't see it - grab the BBC iPlayer B)

Ian
Currently at rest in the Elephant's graveyard
Last Edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Ian.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 6 months ago #2977

• Suboffender
  • Thank you received: 83
Is it still on live at the moment?

I tried to watch it but something popped up asking me to make a legal declaration that i have a TV licence. Which I don't....
Last Edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Suboffender.

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 6 months ago #2978

• LesW
  • Thank you received: 225
I didn't think you needed a license to watch stuff after it has been broadcast

www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-...is-not-needed-top12/

It says here (on the TV Licensing site) that you don't need a license if you are watching it after it has been broadcast.
I'm a very busy person

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 6 months ago #2979

• Suboffender
I think Ian has been playing with his Tardis again.

It's still being broadcast at the moment.

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 6 months ago #2980

• LesW
Ah, a TV License is necessary to view it on the internet if it is still being broadcast.

These Licensing rules are silly. You need a license to watch it or record it as it is broadcast and need a license to play it back if you recorded it at the time of broadcast, however if you watch it on the internet once it has been broadcast (even if that is immediately after) then you don't need a license. :unsure:

Why don't we all just watch everything 1 hour later and not pay for a license? :dry:
I'm a very busy person

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 6 months ago #2982

• Suboffender
I totally agree. I haven't bothered with a TV licence and I haven't even got an aerial on the house.

The BBC have been sending me threatening and intimidating letter for the past month. The final one stating that they are going to 'Send an officer to my address' and 'They want to make sure that I have everything ready for my court appearance'

Okay, I'm not really intimidated by it, but I do believe that there are probably people out there that don't require a TV licence and are genuinely worried about these automated letters that they receive. So on Principal, I'm not going to respond to any letters to the BBC or let anyone representing the BBC into the house. I hope they even go to the trouble of getting a court order to enter the property. wasted time on their behalf.
Last Edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Suboffender.

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 6 months ago #2983

• LesW
TV Licensing Officers are now the thugs from Equita Bailiffs. They have no right of entry into any property and rely on fear and stupidity of the householder to get their conviction.
If you use the correct words and "revoke their implied right of access to your door" they have to get off your property. Never let them in and never ever show them a TV recieving a broadcast program. They will get bored once they realise they cannot intimidate you and that they are wasting their time. Just incase you were wondering I do actually have a license but have learnt loads from t'internet on this.

Have a look on YouTube with a search of TV License Inspector, some of them are very funny...
I'm a very busy person
Last Edit: 12 years 6 months ago by LesW.

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 6 months ago #2993

• timwatts
  • Thank you received: 433
The Iplayer link for those who might want it....

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01692lw/A...Lead_Home_Episode_3/
-
Tim Watts

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 6 months ago #3001

Very interesting debate about the need for a TV licence if you watch things on BBC I player. I also don't have a TV or a licence but I listen to the radio a lot. But Bella is watching stuff on BBC Iplayer all the time. I also thought this was OK and legal, but this debate worries me.

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 6 months ago #3002

• Ian
It's legal if it is not live :)

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 6 months ago #3004

• LesW
JohnNicholson wrote:
But Bella is watching stuff on BBC Iplayer all the time. I also thought this was OK and legal, but this debate worries me.

www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-...is-not-needed-top12/
I'm a very busy person

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 6 months ago #3029

• JohnO
  • Thank you received: 12
Does that mean if you record it on your sky+ box and then start watching 1 second later you don't need a license as it is no longer a live broadcast?

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 6 months ago #3030

• LesW
If you record a program as it is broadcast then you need a license
I'm a very busy person

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 6 months ago #3032

A friend of mine got up from the TV to answer the door, it was the TV people and he told them that he didnt have a TV or a licence so F*** off.
They didnt come back :lol:
Licence only needed if you watch when broadcast.

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 6 months ago #3066

• Marty
  • Moody Fucker (somewhat at times a little unhappy)
  • Thank you received: 25
back on topic. the show did include the surface workings but the bit with Miles and me was left on the cutting room floor. none of the mine underground was shown.
nid oes bradwr yn y ty hwn

www.darkplaces.co.uk

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 6 months ago #3069

• mike leahy
  • Thank you received: 667
[quote="martymarty" post=3066 the bit with Miles and me was left on the cutting room floor.[/quote]

BEST PLACE FOR THE PAIR OF YOU . not that either of you look like a pear :whistle: :evil: :whistle: :evil:

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 5 months ago #3809

Since TV licensing has entered the thread....

....people may find this helpful, copied from my Facebook Notes - it resulted in a grovelling apology :cheer: all those non-licence holding bunnies feel free to use it!

Paul Stanfield
Customer Services
TV Licensing
BRISTOL
BS98 1TL

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your recent letter informing me that is an offence to use television receiving equipment without a licence. I shall bear this in mind.

It appears (by your reference to me as “The Present Occupier”) that your records management system may have let you down; clearly you have mislaid my long, detailed and patiently toned letter of November 2002 in which I informed you of my situation and pledged to advise you if my circumstances changed....

But it’s really nice to know you’re still thinking of me. Receiving good old fashioned letters in our modern electronic age is such a pleasure. My life would be so much more enriched if other government agencies took a similar stance to yours; for example, if I needed to explain to the Environment Agency why I do not have a rod licence for the fishing rod that I do not own (hey – I do after all live on a tributary watercourse – I must be sneakily tickling the odd trout!) Possibly the Vehicle Operator Services Agency might want to know why I have not got a Goods Vehicle Operators Licence for the heavy goods vehicle that I do not own. Continuing with the transport theme, why isn’t the Office of the Rail Regulator concerned about my lack of licence for a Guided Transport System? Aren’t they doing their job properly? I feel a complaint coming on.... And why hasn’t the United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority contacted me with a letter full of thinly veiled threats, questioning why I have no licence for the nuclear installation that I do not operate?

So I am likely to receive a call at home from one of your officers... As a former Civil Servant myself with an unconventional lifestyle that would have the tabloid press reaching for the ‘misfit’ stamp, I always welcome visitors; especially those who are calling in an official capacity. My kettle is usually simmering - what a perfect start to a lengthy conversation on world issues and the role of technology in stifling our children’s imagination and creativity.

The very best regards,

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 5 months ago #3811

Brilliant letter!
Let us know what happens next.
I also refuse to have a TV set but love the radio. I also refuse ever to pay anything to the BBC whilst they employ prats like Clarkson.

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 5 months ago #3813

• Ian
JohnNicholson wrote:
I also refuse ever to pay anything to the BBC whilst they employ prats like Clarkson.

Are you still selling him fuel John ?

;)

Ian

Re: Cwmorthin Makes the BBC afterall .... 12 years 5 months ago #3814

We did a feature on Top Gear many years ago, it is still on You tube

I am told he then went on to make his own fuel for his old Merc using our technique - or rather his interpretation of it, but old Mercs run on anything.

The Volvo car I had actually ran on Straight Veg Oil, but HMRC who were invited to come on the show to explain how everyone can pay Excise Duty refused to attend and instead they wrote a formal letter to all the board of directors of the BBC saying that this featuure must be stopped as it was in conflict with BBC legal requirement "not to mislead the British public into breaking the law" they then said "In order to make any vehcile run on a vegetable oil fuel you must do something to it first". This is why we 'did something' to the SVO, by adding an insignificant amount of white spirit in this case, but now we add other non-mineral plant oils that serve the same purpose of reducing viscosity and increasing Cetane value. But Clarkson is not interested in the environmental issues, he is just interested in cheap motoring. Another feature on the program we were in showed that if you drive thropugh speed traps fast enough they can't catch you. I'm not sure what all this has to do with Cwm Orthin though!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds