Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Holme Bank Chert Mine

Holme Bank Chert Mine 10 years 7 months ago #19423

• Mad-Dan
  • Awesome
  • Thank you received: 168

Directions
Park on Holme Road in bakewell at the end just near the entrance to the industrial estate, Walking, take the last right turn where is says No Parking. Continue up the public footpath towards the old mine mill buildings, on the way up you will pass the obvious adit entrance, but just before you get to the buildings you will see the offices for Oldfield design, this is where you get the key from.

Access
upper adits gated and locked, one of the lower 3 is gated and locked, the other 2 are in unsafe buildings and the buildings should not be entered. Permission required from Mr Oldfield, BCA insurance is needed and a donation to a Alzheimer's charity (minimum £2 per person)

Suggested Equipment
just basic kit.

Flood risk
A lower section is flooded, but no risk known to the rest of the mine

Mine Attributes
Chert

Description
A medium sized chert mine which is quite interesting in the way it was worked and is set out.

Unexplored Passages
None Known

Digs
No digs, but there is an ongoing dive project exploring and documenting the flooded areas, as well as work surveying the rest on the mine.

Other notes.
Mr Oldfield has raised concerns about pirate trips into the mine, he says there is just no need as it is only locked to keep kids out, and he is more than happy to let suitably insured and experienced cavers/mine explores into the mine. He does not profit from the donations and all money is sent to the charity, so stop been tight and donate the £2pp

2_2013-08-21.jpg

5_2013-08-21.jpg

9_2013-08-21.jpg

13_2013-08-21.jpg

15_2013-08-21.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian, NewStuff, WelshSossy

Holme Bank Chert Mine 10 years 7 months ago #19426

• Mad-Dan
  • Awesome
  • Thank you received: 168
Survey.

MAP.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds