Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hi All

Hi All 4 months 2 weeks ago #46759

• Andrew277
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi All, my name is Andrew from Cumbria and recently joined the forum. Do you run regular weekend trips? As would love to get involved with some mine exploration trips in Wales or other areas next year, have done a fair bit of caving in the past and have my own gear, lights, helmet, SRT kit etc.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hi All 4 months 2 weeks ago #46760

Hi Andrew welcome to Ucet. Have you joined the club properly to obtain your club membership and bca insurance. £20 for each (£40 total)
We do run weekend trips usually Richard Timms is very accommodating for those as well as dave Jones and a few others also.
We do have a newly setup ladies trips run by Mary c and her motley crew if you have any female friends who perhaps are looking into a bit of caving with the comfort of other like minded women.

All of which is posted on the forum and Facebook pages.

Now with you not being a paid member you can go on 3 trips I’m not sure if you’d have to demonstrate some of your skills prior with srt just so the trip leaders can asses your Ability but I’m sure you’ll
Be fine.

Good look and hope to see you on some trips in the new year
There’s more planes in the sea than there are submarines in the sky
The following user(s) said Thank You: KizzTW, JonJoyce, MaryC

Hi All 4 months 2 weeks ago #46763

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 1441
Hi Andrew o/
Currently at rest in the Elephant's graveyard

Hi All 4 months 2 weeks ago #46765

• Andrew277
Hi Steve, no not a ucet member as of yet but very interested in joining the club. Where are the weekend trips normally advertised, as I can only see Thursday evening and the ladies trips listed on the forum and Facebook.

No problems with having to show SRT competence before any SRT trip, as can understand the leader needs to be comfortable that people can manage the trip. My wife has been caving with me before and she would most likely be interested in ladies only trips.

Thanks Andrew

Hi All 4 months 2 weeks ago #46766

• mike leahy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 666
Hi Andrew
Welcome to the forum. If’s you’ve got your own bca insurance the 3 trips doesn’t apply.

Hi All 4 months 2 weeks ago #46767

• Stones
  • Thank you received: 576
Hi Andrew, welcome to the forum.
Our main club day is mainly a Thursday evenings, though we do encourage our club members to post any weekend trips on the forum, these typically get posted in the private members section of the forum.

We are currently sorting the membership for 2024, Here's the details
UCET Subs 1st Jan 2024 to 31st Dec 2024

Subs are now due – here’s what you need to know;

The club subs are are as follows;

Category A – Single UCET Membership (with BCA Insurance)
£20.00 UCET Membership
£20.00 BCA Insurance
Total : £40.00
(No under 18’s in this catagory)

Category B – Family UCET Membership (with BCA Insurance)
£20.00 UCET Membership (per household)
£20.00 per person BCA Insurance (Over 18’s)
£0.00 per person BCA Insurance (Under 18’s)
Total : To be calculated

Category C – UCET membership with existing BCA Insurance elsewhere
£15.00 (per person or per household)
The following user(s) said Thank You: KizzTW

Hi All 4 months 1 week ago #46771

• Andrew277
Ok no problems I live in Cumbria so Thursday evening won't be an option. I don't currently have BCA insurance so would have to join as a category A member. Can you please tell me how I go about joining the club? And then I can keep an eye out for weekend meets. Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike leahy

Hi All 4 months 1 week ago #46772

• Stones
  • Thank you received: 576
Andrew277 wrote:
Ok no problems I live in Cumbria so Thursday evening won't be an option. I don't currently have BCA insurance so would have to join as a category A member. Can you please tell me how I go about joining the club? And then I can keep an eye out for weekend meets. Thanks

If you send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. asking about membership our secretary will give you all the relevant information you'll need
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew277

Hi All 4 months 6 days ago #46792

• JonJoyce
  • Thank you received: 215
Stones wrote:
Andrew277 wrote:

If you send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. asking about membership our secretary will give you all the relevant information you'll need

Thats Me!! :) I think ive responded to your query Andrew and look forward to processing your membership once i get your payment and form from you. Cheers
Last Edit: 4 months 6 days ago by JonJoyce.
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds