Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Caving suit

Caving suit 7 years 5 months ago #29669

• Harris
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello

I'm looking at buying a caving suit. With the Warmbac there seems to be issues with size. I'm 180cm or 1.8m tall which happens to be upper limit of the medium and the lower limit of the large. So I don't want to get a medium and find its too small or buy a large and find I look like a Telly Tubby. Also the suit comes in two flavours, the Warmbac warm expedition and the Centre suit.

Is there anyone on here in that size (180cm) that can confirm which size Warmbac they have and if its a good fit? Been looking at the AV Titan suits too but not sure of the pros n cons of the Warmbac vs AV.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Caving suit 7 years 5 months ago #29670

• Ant89
  • Thank you received: 243
Don't forget you will need an under suit too.

Typically your under suit can be close fitting as fleece has a reasonable amount of give in it to allow for movement so there you would likely get away easily with a medium.

However the cordura fabric of over suits has very little stretch so it's good to go up a size to maximise flexibility.

And the only reason we all wear belts is to keep our suits from looking too baggy round the middle ;)

Caving suit 7 years 5 months ago #29672

• Harris
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for your reply Ant.

Yes, forgot to mention the undersuit. Which are the best at keeping one dry and warm, or at least whichh dry quickly and keeping one warm?

Caving suit 7 years 5 months ago #29673

• Ant89
  • Thank you received: 243
Undersuit keeps you warm, oversuit keeps the undersuit clean and protects it from wear and tear. neither keep you particually dry though.

Caving suit 7 years 5 months ago #29680

• mike leahy
  • Thank you received: 665
av undersuit and oversuit. tony seddon from starless river(just google) is very helpfull, just give him a ring
www.starlessriver.com/shop/

Re:Caving suit 7 years 4 months ago #29714

• timwatts
  • Thank you received: 433
If in doubt err on the side of larger. If too long in the leg you can hold it up slightly with bands cut from car round your wellies which gives is useful looseness behind the knee by holing up the weight of the suit.

I've had warm back for years which I still use but the av over suit (from Tony at starless river) is so much more comfortable and easier to move in. Probably at least part due to the cut and fit but also it is a lighter fabric which potentially means it may wear out quicker than a warmbac. I also have a av under suit (these are just a fleece all in one effectively). They cost a few Bob but are well worth it. That said, I also picked up a lightly worn fleece all in one sailing suit.... Looks exactly same as a caving under suit.. For a fiver off eBay.. Steal of the century!
-
Tim Watts
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds