Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Borrow of a gazebo/marquee, plus hat and lamp wanted

Borrow of a gazebo/marquee, plus hat and lamp wanted 8 years 1 month ago #28007

• shananna
  • Thank you received: 90
Forgot to ask last night, but does anyone have a family size tent-like thing that I could use to shelter some owls from the elements at the end of the month or possibly early March - don't ask, big headache :S ?!!

It's a bit windy at mine, so the sturdier the better.

And while I'm here, if anyone's got a decent hat and lamp going for a song, that would be appreciated too.

Thank you ver' much :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Borrow of a gazebo/marquee, plus hat and lamp wanted 8 years 1 month ago #28008

• Sweetie
  • Don't like ladders, ropes, getting wet or the dark!
  • Thank you received: 530
Got a 3m x 3m (10ft x 10ft ish I think) you can borrow if you like? It's got the 4 sides too. Not in a hurry for it back. It's a 2 man / woman job to put it up so I'm sure people of our caliber will just about manage :huh:

Here it is, but imagine itr with a front cover too and without the scaffolding. This should keep your hooters dry :woohoo:
gazebo_2016-02-05.jpg
This universe contains protons, neutrons, electrons and morons.
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Sweetie. Reason: to add photo and obligatory hooters joke

Borrow of a gazebo/marquee, plus hat and lamp wanted 8 years 1 month ago #28009

• shananna
Here it is, but imagine itr with a front cover too and without the scaffolding. This should keep your hooters dry :woohoo:

Wah wah waaaahhhh!!!

Nice one, thanks, will be in touch.

Re:Borrow of a gazebo/marquee, plus hat and lamp wanted 8 years 1 month ago #28011

• timwatts
  • Thank you received: 433
Shan. Not to burst sweeties bubble but I have a 6x3m (twice the size) one if you want it. Its in my shed. Plain black with sides etc. I can offer bigger equipment to handle your hooters and will be around Friday to help you with the erection if you like.

Failing that i'll just sit with sweetie somewhere writing erotic literature.
-
Tim Watts
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by timwatts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sweetie

Re:Borrow of a gazebo/marquee, plus hat and lamp wanted 8 years 1 month ago #28015

• shananna
Failing that i'll just sit with sweetie somewhere writing erotic literature.[/quote]

Said you were posh, that's bigger than my house! Got some proper bo professionals to handle the hooters, but I'll ask how big an erection they'll need to pull it off well! Don't want it to be too hard or I'll need a double bagger!!! Cheers fella :ohmy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: timwatts, Sweetie

Re:Borrow of a gazebo/marquee, plus hat and lamp wanted 8 years 1 month ago #28016

• timwatts
  • Thank you received: 433
Haha. :-)
-
Tim Watts

Re:Borrow of a gazebo/marquee, plus hat and lamp wanted 8 years 1 month ago #28067

• Sweetie
  • Don't like ladders, ropes, getting wet or the dark!
  • Thank you received: 530
So back on the correct thread :P, Shan, I do have a helmet for you that I've not used for the last 6 months (correct on more than 1 level :dry: ) It only has a clip at the front for a lamp though rather than the 4 on normal climbing / caving helmets. As far as lamps are concerned, Mine cost about £13 off eBay (I bought 2 the same and often wear one around my neck as a spare) There are people in the club who have spent hundreds of pounds on lamps, which to be fair are unbelievably awesomely bright, but my £13 ones will last a good 7 hrs underground on the lower setting and about 4-5 hrs on full power. It all depends on how much caving you're planning on doing. You might have guessed by now that I'm a bit of a tight arse :silly: but my eBay cheapies have seen me through countless UK trips, the 2014 Matienzo caving expedition and the 2015 Tenerife caving expedition without any issues. I've upgraded the chargers to more reliable UK ones as the cheap ones from China have a tendency to catch fire. I'm in the process of building a new lamp to a similar spec to the latest Scurion (Mike Leahy has a Scurion) and all being well, will be happy to build more to order. Need to give Doug a nudge as I need him or his son to produce the aluminium housing. Anyway, I'm talking shite now as I'm on the wrong side of a glass of Baileys (without ice)

Best advice I can give you with regards to buying gear is talk to people when you're out caving. See what other people use and try before you buy B)
This universe contains protons, neutrons, electrons and morons.

Re:Borrow of a gazebo/marquee, plus hat and lamp wanted 8 years 1 month ago #28068

• shananna
Thanks for reining it back in, you are a Sweetie! All good advice, and nowt wrong with being a tight arse, it's an example I'm more than happy to follow, so will catch you next time. I often think the less I can see the better (correct on more than one level :lol: ), so just perfect! Cheers fella :)
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds