Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CCC AGM - Report of the 15th March 2020

CCC AGM - Report of the 15th March 2020 3 months 3 weeks ago #37951

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 801
CCC AGM – 15th March 2020

Mike L and myself attended the meeting, here are the relevant points;

Firstly, there were no surprises.

The Conservation and Access officer (Stuart France) explained, at length, that the “fight” with the Welsh Government (NRW) over their decision to specifically exclude caving from CRoW was being ramped up to the next stage. This means that, now a decision has been made (on the 22nd Jan) the CCC have 3 months to file a Judicial Review. This is being done. There is an expected cost of, around £35k in totality but this will be limited (by statute) to £10k if we win. Stuart France is spearheading this action.

The Secretary (Allan Richardson) reported that the CCC no longer receive a grant from “Sports Wales”. This is because Sports Wales require the CCC to “police” member clubs in respect of “child protection” and “vulnerable people”. The CCC is a representative body and has no power to police member clubs and cannot, therefore, comply. It would now appear that the CCC will now rely entirely on the BCA for funds (they do have £6k sat in the bank currently).

There was a report of conflict between two South Wales clubs but it was unremarkable.

There was a resurrection of the BCA problems with the IT officer refusing to hand over passwords to the system – nothing new to report there.

There were various reports from the various officers – all unremarkable.

There was a lengthy discussion initiated by PUG (Parys Underground Group) about the insurance implications of visitors to the mine. This was largely unresolved.

The same officers stood for re-election (unopposed) and were re-appointed.

That was about it.

;)

Ian
A door, once opened, may be stepped through in either direction
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doug, mike leahy, DaveT, Sweetie, ILT, Stones

CCC AGM - Report of the 15th March 2020 3 months 3 weeks ago #37962

• DaveT
  • Thank you received: 50
Ian & Mike, thanks for going to this AGM - I was going to attend, but had something else on.

Good that CCC will take on NRW/WG. I think a judicial review will scare the shit out of NRW - they are on very thin ice and will have to justify retaining a ban when other sports will find restrictions being lifted. It may be NRW/WG may reverse their decision to avoid the embarrassment of a court appearance...

Dave
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds