Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Who still has passion for caving and mine exploring

Who still has passion for caving and mine exploring 3 years 9 months ago #38317

I often look at os maps and look at all the old shaft locations and wonder if there open or accessible still? And I genuinely get excited that there could be a glimpse of hope. And that’s enough to spark my interest
Does anyone on here feel the same or are most of us just logging in and out of this forum to see what other people may or may or be doing. ?
We need a positive drive to keep the club alive.
I’ve spent my own money which was my choice to investigate a deep shaft which ended up in it being filled in when they fenced it off. Which devastated me as it’s been open for so many years. And the possibility of getting into the pen y bryn workings was a reality. And being only a few hundred feet from it.
I was disappointed but made me want to explore more options.

Mabe if others are interested Mabe we can meet and look at maps and go investigate stuff perhaps like people may have done before.
There Mabe places that are forgotten about too.

What are people’s thoughts on this. ?
There’s more planes in the sea than there are submarines in the sky
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Who still has passion for caving and mine exploring 3 years 9 months ago #38318

• mike leahy
  • Thank you received: 665
Unfortunately most of us have done what you are suggesting 15 or more years ago and most shafts have been filled in but not all.
Keep looking

Who still has passion for caving and mine exploring 3 years 9 months ago #38321

• Doug
  • Thank you received: 388
I like your passion Steve, keep it up, I have been a bit busy lately and will be for a while yet so I have been concentrating on getting into the Waen and Merllyn mine which I can access from my own property, if and when we do get in there is potentially very extensive mine workings to be found which have not been seen since 1908 when the mine closed.
Mae bradwyr ymhobman

Who still has passion for caving and mine exploring 3 years 9 months ago #38322

• Tom Howard
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 325
The passion for most is always there. However , a lot of work and effort hasn't been recorded, or recorded poorly. This is the main thing that gets me. We have all of the technology and resources available, but struggle to keep a log of digs, trips and knowledge. I, for one, keep a personal record and I know many more do, but its a shame (especially in North Wales) that we can't all just have a central databank to keep records etc.

Check out the Matienzo records and how they log activity, this is what we need and we need to lose the politics!
The trees have ears, the hills have eyes. Trust no one... but the sheep.
The following user(s) said Thank You: timwatts

Re:Who still has passion for caving and mine exploring 3 years 9 months ago #38328

• timwatts
  • Thank you received: 433
agree Tom. 100%. I myself am pathetic with regards to remembering facts figures, names and details. Record keeping, and as you say, sharing and cooperation should be an absolute 'must'. Bloody ancient politics has a lot to answer for. I've often fantasised about a North Wales 'cooperation' group. with a representative meeting from each of the clubs to get the ball rolling. Suggested it to GCC a few years ago. stone wall. Might be worth another try. Need a guy who knows how to build a suitable database to get something in place I guess. But then again, one already exists under BCA.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
-
Tim Watts
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds