Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Blue Flashing Lights - When You Can Use Them

Blue Flashing Lights - When You Can Use Them 11 years 1 month ago #15074

• Sweetie
  • Don't like ladders, ropes, getting wet or the dark!
  • Thank you received: 530
John N, Iestyn and I were having a conversation on the acceptable use of blue flashing lights and I promised to post a link, so here it is:

Blue Light Use

The question I have in my mind, is if the vehicle in question needs to be registered as an emergency vehicle (I believe Iestyn's 101 is :) )

If you click the link and scroll up, it lists cave / mine rescue vehicles
This universe contains protons, neutrons, electrons and morons.
Last Edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Sweetie.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Blue Flashing Lights - When You Can Use Them 11 years 1 month ago #15075

• Iestyn999
  • Polyprop Bob
  • Thank you received: 61
Thanks Rob. I'm sure I've seen this site before!
Looks like I'm ok with blues on the ambulance. Not that I ever use them.... ;)
oh, what fresh hell is this?

Blue Flashing Lights - When You Can Use Them 11 years 1 month ago #15077

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 1440
Ask Murf about "Blues" ....

He will tell you it's ok for "cave rescue" but he will also tell you that the police officers who stopped him had a different view ...

lol :cheer:

Ian
Currently at rest in the Elephant's graveyard

Blue Flashing Lights - When You Can Use Them 11 years 1 month ago #15080

• Iestyn999
  • Polyprop Bob
  • Thank you received: 61
Ian wrote:

He will tell you it's ok for "cave rescue" but he will also tell you that the police officers who stopped him had a different view ...

Ian
I do belive the vehicle has to be registered as an emergency vehicle and be used for the sole purpose of responding to emergencies. Unless of course it's a police, fire service or NHS ambulance. The rules are a little different for them. Although, the ambulance service isn't actually an emergency service at all. It falls into the "essential services" category along with the utility companies. That's why we've got no money for staff, equipment and vehicles. And that's why you have to wait so long for an ambulance when you call for one
oh, what fresh hell is this?

Blue Flashing Lights - When You Can Use Them 11 years 1 month ago #15330

Iestyn999 wrote:
Ian wrote:

Ian
I do belive the vehicle has to be registered as an emergency vehicle and be used for the sole purpose of responding to emergencies. Unless of course it's a police, fire service or NHS ambulance. The rules are a little different for them. Although, the ambulance service isn't actually an emergency service at all. It falls into the "essential services" category along with the utility companies. That's why we've got no money for staff, equipment and vehicles. And that's why you have to wait so long for an ambulance when you call for one

I've done first registration on a couple of vehicles now (ex-MoD, agricultural) and to qualify as an ambulance / fire engine etc etc the vehicle actually has to be in use as that stated category. Also, the Police are getting more and more twitchy about people having blue lights, whether or not they see them in use. However, a delve into the DVLA "Notes on vehicle taxation classes" reveals a load of interesting opportunities, should you be cheeky enough to try it on with them....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sweetie
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds