Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Alyn Valley Base

Alyn Valley Base 10 years 5 months ago #20584

Any ideas where to stay if a bunch of foreigners (english people) wanted to come to the Alyn Valley to poke around some caves?

Preferably not tents, a barn would be ideal but look on t'internet only came up with really expensive stuff. Would appreciate some local knowledge.

Otherwise I might have to join you guys up in the dales on the 9th ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Alyn Valley Base 10 years 5 months ago #20586

• Ian
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 1436
There are a couple of travelodges - I think they are the cheapest solution .... of course, you could do both (Dales & Alyn Valley) :)

Ian
Currently at rest in the Elephant's graveyard

Alyn Valley Base 10 years 5 months ago #20595

• LesW
  • Thank you received: 216
We've stayed here before
www.pentredwr.co.uk/accomm.htm

It is better placed for Minera rather than the Alyn Valley, but not too far away.
The community centre has a fully equipped kitchen but for sleeping you will need to sleep on the floor in the main hall. Also, there are no showers, just toilets.

However, it's cheap and dry and away from everybody else so it makes a good base
Worlds End is just a couple of miles away and the Minera caves not much further.
I recommend it.

The woman who books it out is called Catherine Farrel and her Husband is/was a NWCC member...
I'm a very busy person
Last Edit: 10 years 5 months ago by LesW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derbyshire Ross

Alyn Valley Base 10 years 5 months ago #20596

• timwatts
  • Thank you received: 433
The Crown at pantymwyn walking distance to cilcain bridge has just refurbished its rooms. Speak to Rob (the landlord) www.crowninnmold.co.uk/

but they only have a couple of rooms up to now i think and not sure what the price is.

Rob wouldn't object to a few tents on the field behind the pub if you want to do that - i could ask him on your behalf, i'm pretty sure that would be fine as he agreed to the same for the last time people wanted to camp over when my band played there.

You can put up tents on my front lawn if you want ;-)

There are also two deserted houses i know of nearby if you're covert about it and fancied the fun of the challenge :-)

There's Pantynmwyn village hall (next to the crown), or the other side of the bridge there's cilcain village hall. Both respective hall committee's are pleasant but fussy types and i can't vouch for their willingness for overnight stays - may be insurance issues or some other nonsense - i don't know.

Failing that doss down in the spar mine ;-)
-
Tim Watts
Last Edit: 10 years 5 months ago by timwatts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derbyshire Ross

Alyn Valley Base 10 years 5 months ago #20597

• mike leahy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 660
timwatts wrote:
The Crown at pantymwyn walking distance to cilcain bridge has just refurbished its rooms. Speak to Rob (the landlord) www.crowninnmold.co.uk/

but they only have a couple of rooms up to now i think and not sure what the price is.

Rob wouldn't object to a few tents on the field behind the pub if you want to do that - i could ask him on your behalf, i'm pretty sure that would be fine as he agreed to the same for the last time people wanted to camp over when my band played there.

You can put up tents on my front lawn if you want ;-)

There are also two deserted houses i know of nearby if you're covert about it and fancied the fun of the challenge :-)

tims got a BIG house with plenty of roooooom.
and just a walk from oha :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
timwatts wrote:
There's Pantynmwyn village hall (next to the crown), or the other side of the bridge there's cilcain village hall. Both respective hall committee's are pleasant but fussy types and i can't vouch for their willingness for overnight stays - may be insurance issues or some other nonsense - i don't know.

Failing that doss down in the spar mine ;-)
Last Edit: 10 years 5 months ago by timwatts.

Alyn Valley Base 10 years 5 months ago #20598

• timwatts
  • Thank you received: 433
not that much room anymore - i keep filling the place up with my offspring....or at least SOMEONES offspring! lol
-
Tim Watts

Alyn Valley Base 10 years 5 months ago #20601

• mike leahy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 660
timwatts wrote:
or at least SOMEONES offspring! lol

ye i'll have to stop calling round when your on your holiday home in the north sea
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds