Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Underwater Caves

Underwater Caves 9 years 7 months ago #23457

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 1436
I received an email from a group of lads that have previously been in contact with us and who have produced a website (and Facebook page) of underwater photographs/videos systems.

Here is the email and link(s);

:)

Ian

Hi Ian

You dont know me but we have corresponded in the past before regarding cambrian mine near glyn cerieog. We are a team of mine and cave divers who are always on the look out for new sites. We are serious about our 'thing'. Feel free to check us out on facebook - uk mine and cave exploration, and also our website:

www.ukmine-cave.com

On there are lots of pictures and video of what lies beneath those tantalising looking deep blue pools.

Check out the projects page whereby we have systematically mapped cambrian and aberlas....

I reckon 'us lot' should meet up with 'you lot' !

Kind Regards

John Carter
Currently at rest in the Elephant's graveyard
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Ian.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Underwater Caves 9 years 7 months ago #23459

• timwatts
  • Thank you received: 433
always good to meet new peeps :-) I know what these divers are like though - always looking for pit ponies to carry bottles in and out for them! ;-) You sure they don't have a hidden agenda! lol I assume they already know how to find us on here, and on facebook?

When i first got into caving it was my intention to do a bit of caving and then combine it with my diving. I'd even convinced the missus that investing in £10k worth of equipment was a good idea - a decision she suddenly revoked when i foolishly took her to see Sanctum at the cinema. I hope if we do meet these guys it doesn't put too much strain on my marriage when it re-ignites my touch paper! :-)
-
Tim Watts
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by timwatts.

Underwater Caves 9 years 7 months ago #23460

• mike leahy
  • Thank you received: 660
they are probably after the jewel in the crown (powels lode) or am i being to biter and twisted :ohmy: :ohmy:

Underwater Caves 9 years 7 months ago #23461

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 1436
mike leahy wrote:
they are probably after the jewel in the crown (powels lode) or am i being to biter and twisted :ohmy: :ohmy:

You are lol. They are genuine :) :) :)
Currently at rest in the Elephant's graveyard

Underwater Caves 9 years 7 months ago #23463

• mike leahy
  • Thank you received: 660
Ian wrote:
[You are lol. They are genuine :) :) :)

touchy :whistle: :whistle:

Underwater Caves 9 years 7 months ago #23464

• madmicks
  • Access Officer
  • Thank you received: 613
We could do with a serious dive in the lake but we would need a shaft to lower the bottles and the train to transport them and they could show there videos under the lake but not to film above or mention were it is.
If they should find the big cave system and are able to plot it and map it and should it come up in to virgin cave passages that can be mapped over an ordnance map then they can tell the world because me and mike will blast our way down to the walkie stuff.
mick
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds