Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Visit to Cwmorthin - June 2012

Visit to Cwmorthin - June 2012 11 years 9 months ago #7202

• Mad-Dan
  • Awesome
  • Thank you received: 168
A few pics from our recent visit to cwmorthin, june 24th 2012

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Visit to Cwmorthin - June 2012 11 years 9 months ago #7203

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 1440
Really good photos Dan - thanks for sharing them :)

.... Odd to think that you had come all the way DOWN the country to Cwmorthin and another member (Walsh) came all the way UP the country to visit a gold mine not far from where you were in Cwmorthin whilst I was blundering around in a forest also a stones throw away looking for an adit all at precisely the same time :blink: :blink: :blink:
Currently at rest in the Elephant's graveyard
Last Edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Ian.

Re: Visit to Cwmorthin - June 2012 11 years 9 months ago #7204

• Mad-Dan
  • Awesome
unfortunately, living in manchester, if i want to go underground i have a choice of wales for mines or yorkshire for caves.

all we have locally is facit stone mine, which is one loud noise from a huge complete clapse or a couple of old small coal mines, which do my knees no good at all.

i think north wales must host about 75% of the mine exploring community most weekends, we didn't actually have any plans at all yesterday, we met at my house at 7.30am and didn't have a clue where we were going to go, we just headed to wales, we were tempted to nip uo to aberllyn, but as andy had only been once a long time ago, he wasn't sure he could find the way in, so we just opted for the easy option, plus buddah had never been, so it was new to him.

Re: Visit to Cwmorthin - June 2012 11 years 9 months ago #7205

• Ian
Oooooooh, closer and closer ....

I was at Aberllyn ;) Didn't go in though as we were mooching for another adit but literally had my head in some of the adits as we wandered past :)

There is a significant cave in North Wales (OHA) if you fancy it. The full trip passes two sumps and a number of SRT pitches. It's cold, wet and cackky and about 10-12 hours if you go to the far end, less if you don't.

It doesn't take too much to stir the more hard-hearted cavers in the club (of which I am not one :huh: )

;)

Ian

Re: Visit to Cwmorthin - June 2012 11 years 9 months ago #7206

• Mad-Dan
  • Awesome
sounds like fun, i'm apparently heading over to wales next weekend to meet up with a few of you's, unless things have changed and i've not been told.

I was kind of hoping you would be there so i could drop my application forms off and give you some cash as i've not seen my cheque book for about a year now and cant seem to locate it.

but yeh, ogof hesp alyn looks like fun and is something i'd be intrested in doing

Re: Visit to Cwmorthin - June 2012 11 years 9 months ago #7207

• Ian
As far as I am aware most of the peeps for the trip for the 1st are still going and I will be on it. I don't know how many are moving to the 8th but the original trip was just the 1st :)
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds