Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hello to Vikki & Alison

Hello to Vikki & Alison 8 years 11 months ago #1853

• Ian
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 801
A big hello to Vikki (Cavefrog) and Alison (Aliweb) who have both joined our ranks. B)

Welcome to the club ...... it will be great to see you on trips on Thursday evening as well as the weekend ones if you cna manage them :silly:

You will find lots of information in the members section of the forum now that your accounts have been upgraded (if you can't see the private members area let me know and I will prod our webmaster(s) Tim or John)

You will also find most of the listed trips in there although sometimes they are posted in the open section.

You will also receive weekly emails with details of the trips from our trip organiser (Evan) - again, if you don't, let me know and I will prod him for you.

(You can prod either Tim, John or Evan yourselves if you want - they aren't ticklish).

When you are ready to "learn the ropes" (literally), just shout and we will hook you up with our SRT training peeps. :)

See you soon and have FUN :lol:

Ian
A door, once opened, may be stepped through in either direction
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hello to Vikki & Alison 8 years 11 months ago #1854

Following from Ian's reference to learning the ropes, as another newbie I had my first SRT session with Labrat & Matty yesterday and it is a good feeling to have finally started, especially considering my unease with heights. Really not as terrifying as I imagined and I feel, er, a lot less of a pansy now!

Re: Hello to Vikki & Alison 8 years 11 months ago #1855

• Labrat
  • Thank you received: 1
Yep, the engine did good he did :)

Well done Phil - more to follow .... onwards and upwards next - after a few more practice downwards. Ropework enhances your feeling of freedom and gets you into places others cant go (so long as you know what you are doing). Well done :)
050.JPG
Love it . . . :)

Re: Hello to Vikki & Alison 8 years 11 months ago #1856

• Labrat
welcome Vikki and Alison - we are not all mad and insane on here as some may think we are - completely normal really, tis the rest of the world that is insane :silly:

Hope you can meet up and get underground with us all at some point :)

Re: Hello to Vikki & Alison 8 years 11 months ago #1857

• Ian
  • NOW ONLINE
"Insane" could be described as "behaviour not commonly accepted by the norm". That being the case, I think most of us qualify - not least you Claire :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Re: Hello to Vikki & Alison 8 years 11 months ago #1858

• Labrat
Ahhh - I like it when Einstein asked whether it was himself or his frineds who were crazy :P Einstein also used to do the same thing over and over again, but he always expected different results - from this, one could hypothesise that all those who venture underground could be classed with a form of insanity, as we do it again and again and yet we always expect something different from the experience ;) B)

Re: Hello to Vikki & Alison 8 years 11 months ago #1859

• Ian
  • NOW ONLINE
lab rat wrote:
.... from this, one could hypothesise that all those who venture underground could be classed with a form of insanity, as we do it again and again and yet we always expect something different from the experience ;) B)

And you would be right. Certainly the "norm" would not choose to do it or even consider it as "pleasurable" and we do expect (and receive) a different experience each time.

So I wonder who has the intellectual advantage as the beginning of wisdom is "I do not know...." and yet, we chase the unknown.

An interesting paradigm :whistle:

Ian

Re: Hello to Vikki & Alison 8 years 11 months ago #1860

A neighbour tells me that anyone who derives pleasure from such an enclosing and potentially dangerous, uncomfortable activity must have a very undeveloped, limited imagination.

I however, think that anyone whose mind is sufficiently enquiring as to do this kind of thing bearing in mind the challenges involved, has to be sharper than the average Saturday afternoon sport watcher!

Re: Hello to Vikki & Alison 8 years 11 months ago #1861

• timwatts
  • Thank you received: 393
Welcome Alison and Vikki!

I've just done the wizardry required to upgrade your access level on here so you should now be seeing everything as a full member - any problem please let me know, give me a shout on here - whatever. :cheer:

Despite what anyone tells you, we are all mad and insane - but i'm sure you've already worked that out for yourselves. :evil:

:-)
-
Tim Watts

Re: Hello to Vikki & Alison 8 years 11 months ago #1863

• Labrat
mmmm - an interesting thought Ian.

So are we constructing postpositivism through our social reality which is consistant with the building of our own understanding through experience of insanity??? which of course is individualy different! Therefore, our wisdom in this so-called insanity is our own social reality governed by our own acquired knowledge, discernment and judgment. blah blah blah :whistle:

Anyway - it is not us who are insane, it is the rest of the world :cheer:
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Labrat.

Re: Hello to Vikki & Alison 8 years 11 months ago #1865

• Ian
  • NOW ONLINE
In our own collective we behave within the "norm" creating a paradox between our own social reality and everyone else.

"insanity" would appear to be the tool with which we gain our knowledge, experience and wisdom and not the product of it :huh:

Another paradigm :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Ian

Re: Hello to Vikki & Alison 8 years 11 months ago #1868

• mike leahy
  • Thank you received: 368
insanity is a matter of opinion, and seeing as it's are opinion that counts it does'nt really matter what the "normal"peeps think does it:whistle: :evil: :whistle: :evil:

Re: Hello to Vikki & Alison 8 years 11 months ago #1869

• cavefrog
  • Thank you received: 127
Wow, thank you, that's a great welcome from you all - 24 hours offline and I've missed 11 posts!

If you haven't already met me, hello, it's great to be part of the group - and yes you are all insane, however I fit right in there - I mean I wear frog faced wellies and bright pink fleeces - and I have more interesting pieces earmaked, lol. Think that says it all :P

Oh and any help I can get with SRT would be greatly appreciated, then you guys can turn me into a proper little cave frog :-)

Re: Hello to Vikki & Alison 8 years 11 months ago #1870

• Suboffender
  • Thank you received: 83
Hi Alison and Vikki. Welcome to Ucet :)

Re: Hello to Vikki & Alison 8 years 11 months ago #1873

• mike leahy
  • Thank you received: 368
hi lady's.
if you could bear?beir ? bair? with me until september and i should be able to fit everyone in for srt. ie sarah,steve,vikki,alison,phil and anyone else ive forgoten, so i'll be in touch about.

Re: Hello to Vikki & Alison 8 years 11 months ago #1874

• AliWeb
Thanks for the welcome! :)

I look forward to meeting you all you insane people and I'm sure I'll fit right in ;).

Look forward to the SRT and enjoying the underground world.

Re: Hello to Vikki & Alison 8 years 11 months ago #1875

• Suboffender
  • Thank you received: 83
I'd like to be a bear in September.

Re: Hello to Vikki & Alison 8 years 11 months ago #1891

• Ian
  • NOW ONLINE
BCA cards have now arrived for Vikki and Alison ...... B)
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds