Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Photography & Video gear thread.

Photography & Video gear thread. 6 years 1 day ago #10443

• NewStuff
  • Yeah, not liking that...
  • Thank you received: 43
I have a 300/4.5 Tair and a 300/4Pentacon. If Nikon could focus to infinity with M42, You would be welcome to borrow them.

The focus mechanism on a photosniper version of a Tair is something almost all people love. Should be standard on all long lenses.
You want me to go down *there*? On a bloody *rope*?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 11 months ago #10548

• NewStuff
GoPro HD Hero 3 has just been released... is anyone else eyeing up it's low light capabilities?

As usual, cracking Promo video... although I notice a disttinct lack of underground... Maybe Tim should volunteer to Beta test them underground?

Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by NewStuff.

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 11 months ago #10549

• timwatts
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 368
I've got a gopro2 - its 'ok' underground. To be honest the promo videos they churn out have obviously had lots and lots of post production work thrown at them though. I've been diving with mine also and the raw footage doesn't look as good as what they publish.
-
Tim Watts

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 11 months ago #10550

• NewStuff
Yeah, loads of professional production. The 3 is *meant* to be far better than previous model in low light (The first was utter crap!).

However, to get some good raw footage? Would be a lot easier than lugging what we currently do. I can do post, though it takes a while... Must need more cores.

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 11 months ago #11158

• NewStuff
So, I pulled the trigger on an NEX-3 and an adaptor for M42 glass.

It'll be interesting learning how to pull focus on a manual lens and a camera that small. The Liveview and Focus peaking should be a huge step up from the EOS with a Split Prism.

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 11 months ago #11169

• mike leahy
  • Thank you received: 277
NewStuff wrote:
So,

The Liveview and Focus peaking should be a huge step up from the EOS with a Split Prism.

wtf ??????????????????????????????????????????????? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 11 months ago #11171

• Mad-Dan
  • Awesome
  • Thank you received: 161
i think you will be hugely upset if you got one of these new at full price, had a play with a nex 7 today, it was shit.

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 11 months ago #11175

• NewStuff
Indeed, Sony can go jump if I'm paying £1K!

I paid £130, lol. Even if I hate it, I can pass it on and make on it.

Do bear in mind that I do not shoot AF at all, so the LiveView and Focuspeaking alone are a huge boost from the EOS.

Mike - I don't use "Modern" lenses that focus when You push a button. I use older ones You have to set and focus yourself. Using these on my old camera was always a bit of a ballache, the new one *should* be a lot easier to use. Focus peaking highlights the parts in focus... look at the yellow highlights in this video to give you an idea.

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 11 months ago #11177

• mike leahy
thank you ali that makes more sense :silly: :blink: :silly: :blink: :silly: :blink:

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 11 months ago #11187

• madmicks
  • Access Officer
  • Thank you received: 307
don,t kid yourself you mean your just a simplicity caver if you don,t get it, ask a female ha,ha,

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 11 months ago #11188

• madmicks
  • Access Officer
if you have a fluid head then that cheap chinese version of thialand girl was more than 5 doller ha ha full of it tonight

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 11 months ago #11190

• madmicks
  • Access Officer
Hi Tim
Just arrived from tom top china "ON CAMERA CN-LUX1000 (£15) volage7.2-12v
power 6w ,colour temperature 5400k/3200k, 3 filters,adapter box for panasonic battery and a battery box for 6 AA, shit hot have a 180 wide angle sweep 80 feet on 1000 lux will try it out on crtt trip.

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 11 months ago #11191

• mike leahy
madmicks wrote:
if you have a fluid head then that cheap chinese version of thialand girl was more than 5 doller ha ha full of it tonight

you been drinking cider again mick :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 11 months ago #11192

• NewStuff
mike leahy wrote:
madmicks wrote:

you been drinking cider again mick :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

I know what he's talking about, an On-Camera (Sits where the flash normally would) light source, probably a Video Light. Looks like it's intended for closer work, but sort-of bright at 6W. The 5400K/3200K bit is the colour temperature of the LED's (Measured in Kelvin, or "K"). Around the 2500-3000K mark, the light is something like you would use in your front room, a "warm white", more of a yellowy tint to it. 5000-600K is a "cool white", more like You would see in a shop or an operating theatre. I prefer something nearer 6000K, but that's just me.

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 11 months ago #11195

• timwatts
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 368
Hi mick,

Nice let me know how it goes. The one i used for filming the CRTT was this one:

i use it 'off camera' to try to reduce light bounce back from dust and moisture in the air.

Good luck with the CRTT - sorry i won't be back in time to help! (Home late Wednesday night).
-
Tim Watts

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 11 months ago #11337

• NewStuff
I now have the NEX and adaptors.

So far, I love it. Very easy to nail the focus even in low light. Focus peaking is awesome. High ISO performance is, coming from a 400D, astonishing. Weight is far lighter... Hell, a 50mm Pentacon with the NEX adaptor is bigger than the damn camera! It looks totally stupid with the Tair 300/4.5 on the end, and I haven't been silly enough to try out the Pentacon 300/4 yet.

I'll give it a good run tomorrow when I have daylight. Initial impressions are bloody good so far though, and I'm looking forward to a trip out next week.
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by NewStuff.

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 10 months ago #11865

• NewStuff
New additions to my Manual Lenses bag (That isn't really big enough now!)

Hoya 24/2.8 and Hanimex 28/2 in M42. Totally immaculate. I doubt I'll take the Hoya underground, it's beautiful, and a shame to ruin it.

I also have a Zeiss T* 45/2.8 in Contax/Yashica on the way too. For a Mind-Boggling - FREE! (Yes, that's a £200+ lens, and no, it's not going underground!)

I also got my PK adaptor today. I love the Pentax-M SMC 50/1.7. Gorgeous for Portraits. The Ricoh XR Rikenons are pretty decent too.
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by NewStuff.

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 10 months ago #11867

• Mad-Dan
  • Awesome
  • Thank you received: 161
on a serious note, how much of your gear do you actually think you'll ever use?

i at the moment have 3 DSLR's, one of them i havent even picked up for 18 months, actually i have 4, so thats 2 i havent touched for 18+ months.

i have at least 15 lenses and i use 3 of them, i use my 18-70mm for underground stuff and general snaps, i've a 10-24 i just dick about with and a 50mm i use for portrates, oh, i do have a 28mm f2.8 i use sometimes, just not very offten.. i've various flash guns i dont use, 6 or 7 tripods, i use 2 of them, one for underground and i've a decent one for outside stuff and boxes of other stuff that just sits there taking up room..

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 10 months ago #11870

• mike leahy
boys and toys bla de bla de fuckin bla. get a life boys

Photography & Video gear thread. 5 years 10 months ago #11871

• NewStuff
I use most of it. Different lenses for different situations, each has better strengths. Almost all will produce, at a minimum, decent pictures. Some are razor sharp, some have a really nice OoF effect, some are just plain brilliant to use (The Tair-3 pHs comes to mind, all long lenses should focus that way). I still run nice film through my EOS 1 if I want something special, but I've gotten lazy with Digital, and my keep rate is way down (I had a better keep rate on a Zenit 12XP with a 400mm "wundertube"!), so I reserve it for special occasions/subjects.

That said, I really need to stop snagging 50mm's (Pentax-M, Zeiss Tessar, 2x Pentacon 1.8's, Ricoh 1.7 and 2.0, and I suppose you could count the Helios 44-2 at 58mm, and possibly the incoming Zeiss 45) just because it's usually very nice glass, and cheap. I could do with offloading a few at some point though, just keep the best.

I do have unused gear (Nikon F301 and a couple of lenses), and a couple of bridge cameras (Sony F-707, becuase that lens is bloody sharp, and a Panasonic TZ7 which the Missus sometimes uses).

I sold all of my AF lenses bar the Superwide 24/2.8, as it's sporting a nasty scratch and the AF is goosed (courtesy of Moel Fferna). It does work very nicely on the EOS1 and D60 despite the scratch, and is very sharp. I even sold that CF tripod, as it was just too big for underground (dropped into Fferna with it, never again).
Time to create page: 0.728 seconds